I'd like to wish StarTrek a happy 40th birthday.
The positive visions of the future it saw must inspire many still today.
Indeed! I'm the one among inspired. Long lived Star Trek and the vision it represents!
Here's a little something I found on slashdot:
Top 10 things likely to be overheard if you had a Klingon on your software development team:
1. "This code is a piece of crap! You have no honor!"
2. "A TRUE Klingon warrior does not comment his code!"
3. "By filing this bug you have questioned my family honor. Prepare to die!"
4. "You question the worthiness of my Code?! I should kill you where you stand!"
5. "Our competitors are without honor!"
6. "Specs are for the weak and timid!"
7. "This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to do battle with this code!"
8. "Perhaps it IS a good day to Die! I say we ship it!"
9. "My program has just dumped Stova Core!"
10. "Behold, the keyboard of Kalis! The greatest Klingon code warrior that ever lived!"