Can you answer these GNU/Linux FAQs?
Over the last few months I thought of/came accross the following FAQs that need to be added to our Linux FAQ page.
It takes time to answer correctcly, so maybe someone wants to help out...
- Can I use my iPod with GNU/Linux?
- Does Linux infringe upon patents?
- Can I control other computers with GNU/Linux?
- Is Apple Mac OSX a Linux distribution?
- Are 3D desktop effects available on Ubuntu, Kubuntu or Fedora?
- Is Linux an illegal copy of Windows?
- Is Linux safe to use?
Can I play my DVDs and MP3s under GNU/Linux? Is GNU/Linux the only free operating sytem available? Can I play popular 3D games under GNU/Linux? Is Apple Mac OSX a Linux distribution?
All of these questions will be answered within the coming month. As you can see, some aren't fun to answer (whenever you know the answer might be disappointing), but I think they are necessary.
Can you help out and come up with a good answer?
* Feel free to use pictures and links
* Write nicely, honestly, and without technical terms. If you mom can't understand it, try again;-)
I will partcipate along and keep this thread updated as we progress.