Getting a new card ...
Well, I don't have much money. I have 150 bucks, atm. I was thinking of doing a ATI trade @ AMD's site.
The Graphics Card I am looking at getting is this one : http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2826995 ... ATI Radeon X1600Pro 512MB ... I currently have a ATI Radeon Mobility 9000. I have a few questions first though ...
I) Does my laptop support its requirements. I have a 1-2yr old Dell Latitude (model is maybe/close-to a D620).
II) Is it a good choice ? or is there something better for my $150 ?
* AGP 8X or 4X graphics slot available on the motherboard
* Connection to the system power supply is required (Adapter Included)
* 350-Watt power supply or greater recommended (assumes fully loaded system)
* 512MB of system memory
* Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
* DVD playback requires DVD drive and decoder software (not included)
* RadeonÂ® X1600 PRO Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
* 512MB DDR2 memory
* 128-bit memory interface
Operating Systems Support
* WindowsÂ® XP
* WindowsÂ® XP x64 Edition
* WindowsÂ® Media Center Edition 2005
* Windows Vistaâ„¢ compatible
* 1-year limited
* DVI-I connector for digital CRTs or flat panels
* VGA connector for analog display
* Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions and refresh rates
* Dual Link DVI-I for high-resolution digital displays