How do I open this external DVD drive; Then what?
I'm trying figure out how to open the Optiriac DVD RW AD-7170A
external drive. Below are 4 pictures of the burner.
- There is no screw in the front - just a CD/DVD drive door + buttom.
- There is nothing to grab on the right side. But I see 4 long screws under the plastic.
- There is two (top & bottom) plastic layers protecting the unit
- There is two screws (1 & 7 o'clock) by the fan and one "hole" nut at the top of the fan.
- There are two more screws right & lkeft of "CEFc" (c = copyright symbol).
- There are two pieces (part of the plastic) that are screwed in by two screws.
How does this box come apart? Does the plastic strips (right and left) comes off?
Why I want to take this apart?
Problem: Most time I use it, I have to jiggle or shake the unit. It doesn't automatically
connect - loose connection? I especially noted I end up jiggling the wire that connect to
the USB port (jiggle near the square plug)
Question: Beside cleaning it (spray can; air blow) what else can I do?