Organizing Armagetron Advanced (final part)
After some time and after quite a few tournaments have already been started or are starting these days it may be time to finalize things with the most unique of all gaming competitions in this gamefest; Armagetron Advanced tournament.
What I will propose here is based from what I picked up from the previous very long discussion, on the AA forum itself and a bit of common sense I believe I might still be attuned to.
Assuming we have 12 players (most likely).
- 3 groups each with 4 players play 3 matches together
- 2 from each group are disqualified afterwards leaving only 6 players moving forward
- 6 qualified players play two times together after which two weakest are disqualified
- 4 remaining players play 2 times again - determining the winner, second, third and fourth place.
- LMS Arena
- In qualification matches, two times played on low rubber (5) and once on high rubber (15 or more) and in the final stage once low and once high (alternatively, we can let those involved in a match simply vote whether to play high or low, perhaps even vote on the exact number).
- Match winner is the one who gains 10 in-game points first
- Light cycle: 0.1 (still can be discussed)
- Infinite trails
- 4 points for the overall winner
- 3 points for second best
- 2 points for third best
- 1 points for the rest
- Tie: 3 points to both of the tied players
For those concerned about balancing the chances an AA tournament winner has to win the whole game fest compared to other tournaments note that most other tournaments in this gamefest involve 6 to 7 games at most for the tournament winner while AA allows 7. In all these a player has a fair chance to earn 4 or 3 points (chances are the tournament winner wont become one by being third or fourth). This just means that there is plenty of chance for an AA player to rack up enough points to stand a great chance for winning the whole gamefest. Of course, it is always recommended, if you're shooting that far, to participate in some other tournament as well.