Some projects and ideas
I am able to work more and more for GLM and here are a set of ideas gathered for the GLM association.
- The planet site will be moved to a new domain, gnulinuxmatters.org, that will say more about GLM, call for participation, donations and partnerships. This will be done right after we have a bank account.
- There will be a "Get Linux" plugin for WordPress users. I translated and slightly improved upon Artux's plugin, that detects the OS of the visitor and displays a small message if it's Windows. It works and now only needs a download page on the planet.
This comes on top of the current projects I'm working on, namely transition to XML, clean-up of "Switch to Linux" section, "Why not Mac" topic, GLM accounting, preparation for a conference.
more or less vague ideas (NOT projects)
- Building a 1-page website on DOC files. Something that would complement RMS's message on the topic, in a more visual way, and with a clear explanation of why OpenXML is not an open format.
- Finishing the stalled project Linuxcando.com
- A partnership with Koolu - this looks like a really interesting product. Maybe this would work as a partnership with vendors.
- A very simple website on restricted free software:
The idea is to build a resource of information on the "gray zone" of free software, explaining clearly what the problems are with MP3, Flash, drivers, Office OpenXML, encrypred DVDs, etc, case per case.
- A News site for Joe users
The idea is to have a "free software news for my mum" site. 1 or 2 news item per week, no more. At the moment one either learns nothing (traditional media) or too much (LXer for example).
- Google ads
I'm curious to see if this can be effective/worth the money. I'll probably throw $50 at it to find out.
That's it! enough to keep me busy for the coming decade ;-)
Feel free to discuss & suggest your own