Why don't you use Linux? And, Why not Mac OS? - Additional sections in GGL
(Yes, yet another proposal)
I consider we should include two sections in GGL:
- Why don't you use Linux?
- Why not Mac OS? (I won't elaborate on this because Olivier already did). Or, we might also merge "Why not Windows?" and "Why not Mac?": Why not Windows nor Mac OS?.
We would also have to change the current style of the navigation bar, as the new contents wouldn't fit.
Why don't you use Linux?
This section aims to demonstrate there's almost no reason to stick to Windows or Mac OS, for example:
- I need to use a Windows-only program: Install wine; even privative software such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver works in Linux through wine. Also, if you have a new computer, you may think about virtualization because it's more reliable.
- I need to play games that were made for Windows only: See above.
- I'm using another free operating system: Great choice!
- I'm happy using Windows/Mac: Are you sure? Do you hate Freedom? Do you like virus?
I've been thinking that perhaps libervisco could open a forum about why people don't use Linux. This would have two huge advantages:
- It would help us to keep track of the most common reasons on why people are not using Linux. It will make GGL improve.
- Help this people to use Linux happily.
Once this forum is open, we should promote it a lot.
What do you think?